Apple expands its ‘Find My’ ecosystem with AirTag. A clever iPhone accessory, AirTag provides a private and secure way to easily locate your important items and keep track of your stuff.
Simply attach one to your keys, slip another in your backpack. And just like that, they’re on your radar in the Find My app, where you can also track down your Apple devices and keep up with friends and family. Suitable for iPhone 11 models upwards, AirTag is roughly the size and shape of a large coat button. It’s circular, with a diameter of 31.9mm, a thickness of 8mm and a weight of just 11g. It is extremely portable, as you might hope.
Users can easily place AirTag into a bag or pocket on its own or utilise a wide range of Apple-designed AirTag accessories, including the Polyurethane Loop, which is both lightweight and durable, and the Leather Loop and Leather Key Ring, featuring specially tanned European leather. The enclosure of each accessory fits securely around AirTag, while conveniently attaching to a user’s belongings, further personalising AirTag while making sure it is always with their important items.
A statement on Apple.com Newsroom commented; “We’re excited to bring this incredible new capability to iPhone users with the introduction of AirTag, leveraging the vast Find My network, to help them keep track of and find the important items in their lives,” said Kaiann Drance, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide iPhone Product Marketing. “With its design, unparalleled finding experience, and built-in privacy and security features, AirTag will provide customers with another way to leverage the power of the Apple ecosystem and enhance the versatility of iPhone.”
Seven Things to Learn about Apple AirTag
1. Setting up an AirTag is almost easy peasy! Hold it next to your iPhone, and within a split second, an image of the AirTag appears on-screen, prompting you to connect.
2. You can ask Siri for help find your missing item. — It can use Bluetooth and the “Find My” app.
3. Apple’s ultra-wideband U1 chip in AirTag allows for precision finding. Furthermore, their accessibility features built into iOS allows for precision finding when using VoiceOver. For example, you can direct users who are blind or low vision to AirTag with directions like “AirTag is 9 feet away on your left.”
4. When you enable Lost Mode, you can add your contact number. — If someone with an NFC-capable device (either iOS or Android) finds your AirTag, they can tap the device to the AirTag and see your contact info.
5. AirTag is designed to keep your location data private and secure. No location data or location history is physically stored inside AirTag. In addition, only the owner of a device has access to its location data, and no one, including Apple, knows the identity or location of any device that helped find it.
6. AirTags are environment friendly. AirTag utilises 100 percent recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board, is free of harmful substances and highly energy efficient, and uses wood fiber in the packaging that is recycled or comes from responsibly managed forests.
7. AirTag is splash-, water-, and dust-resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Refer to the Safety and Handling documentation for cleaning and drying instructions.
Committed to the Environment
When it comes to the environment, Apple states they are carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, they plan to have net zero climate impact across the entire business. This includes manufacturing supply chains, and all product life cycles. This means that every Apple device sold, from material collection, component manufacturing, assembly, transport, customer use, charging, all the way through recycling and material recovery, will be 100 percent carbon neutral.
Apple’s AirTag is one of the lowest priced Apple products. One pack starts at £29 each and is available now from Active Digital. We recommend the four pack at £99. AirTag requires iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 14.5 or later, or iPad running iPadOS 14.5 or later. These software updates will be available starting next week. Customers must have an Apple ID and be signed into their iCloud account. Certain features require Find My to be enabled in iCloud setting
Find out more or adjust your settings.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Pirmiausia įgalinkite būtinus slapukus, kad galėtume išsaugoti jūsų pageidavimus!