The last few years has disrupted the way organisations work and overnight, Small & Medium Businesses (SMBs) were forced to adapt remote work practices and re-think their culture, processes, and the technology they adopted. Microsoft 365 has transformed businesses across the globe, enabling them to stay connected and remain productive. Microsoft has been steadily growing their subscriber count for their cloud-based product, Office 365. In April 2020, Microsoft rebranded its Office 365 subscription plans as Microsoft 365, so now both their home and business offerings fall under the same branding.
Microsoft 365 Apps for business includes:
- Always up-to-date desktop and mobile versions of Office apps: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote (plus Access and Publisher for PC only).
- Web versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- File storage and sharing with 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- One license covers fully installed Office apps on 5 phones, 5 tablets, and 5 PCs or Macs per user1.
Be productive anywhere
- Get work done and stay connected whether you’re working remotely or onsite.
- Chat, call, and host meetings
- Share documents in the cloud
- Collaborate using Office apps
- Connect via email and calendar
Secure your business
- Help safeguard business data with built-in security features.
- Defend against cyberthreats
- Make customer data more secure
- Help secure your devices
- Manage users and devices
A cost effective solution
- Streamline IT setup, management, and costs with a single productivity solution.
- Improve user productivity
- Save on automation and IT costs
- Consolidate vendor spend
- Reduce cost of security risks
Four new features of Microsoft 365
Money in Excel
Microsoft is expanding its features to help with “life”, as well as school and work. Think banking features such as “Money in Excel”, which allows you to connect your bank and credit card accounts directly from Excel, download transaction details, and import them into a budget or spreadsheet.
Another feature is “Check Your Writing with Microsoft Editor”, which is Microsoft’s version of Grammarly. It helps you check and correct your grammar and style in more than 20 languages in Word and Outlook, or in your browser with an extension for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Teams for personal use
Microsoft Teams is a chatting function similar to Slack, which allows you to connect with colleagues through group chats, video calls, and shared calendars and to-do charts. Microsoft has added new features for personal use, such as Team groups, to use it with friends and family.
There are also additional security features, such as Microsoft Family Safety, which is an app for iPhone and Android that manages screen time across Windows 10, Xbox and Android and also includes location-sharing options such as notifications when your family arrives at or leaves work or school and where they are on a map.
Plus, if that’s not enough, Microsoft offer a wide range of additional services including, Microsoft Defender for Business, Audio Conferencing, Business Voice and Windows 365.
Like to learn more?
Ask about our products, pricing, implementation, or anything else. Our knowledgeable team are standing by, ready to help.
Notes: Compatible with Windows 10 or later. For complete requirements for PC and Mac see system requirements.
For HD calling, compatible HD hardware and broadband connection with at least 4 Mbps required.
Availability of mobile apps varies by country/region.
Availability of Audio Conferencing and Calling plans varies by country/region. See countries and regions that are supported for more information.