Brits spend big on tech but not on insurance, New Study Reveals
Londoners spent the most on tech the festive period, while Newcastle and Cardiff residents are most likely to buy insurance cover.
New research has revealed that despite nine per cent of Brits spending between £300 to £400 on tech over the festive period last year, nearly half of these items are not insured.
The report by insurance provider Insurance2Go revealed that 47 per cent of consumers that spent big on tech haven’t covered their products with an insurance policy. According to Insurance2Go, 22 per cent of respondents said they were confident their gifts were insured. When it comes to the city that has spent the most on tech gifts last Christmas, on average London spent £340, this is followed by Belfast with £291, Manchester £250, Southampton £249 and Birmingham on £245.
Despite this, Newcastle and Cardiff are the most likely to have insurance for their new tech purchases. Commenting on the findings Insurance2Go head of marketing and digital Richard Gray said: “At this time of year, many homeowners take the necessary precautions to step up their home security, spurred on by darker nights and houses full of expensive gifts wrapped up for Christmas.
“Loss or damage should be the last things people worry about over Christmas, so taking that time to ensure those big-ticket items are covered before the big day will offer that extra peace of mind.”
At Active Digital we offer all of our customers an exclusive repair service, Active Care. Offering protection against accidental damage as well as breakdown and loss. Giving you peace of mind, we can protect you and your business when you need it most and will help you get back to full speed in no time at all.
Worldwide cover for theft, damage & mechanical breakdown
Active Care offers up to 3 accidental damages over 24 months. Active Care Plus offers up to 4 accidental damages over 24 months and up to 1 handset replacement due to loss/water damage.
Protect your company mobile devices with Active Care from just £5 per month.
Benefits of Active Care
- If you’re starting a new contract with us or renewing an existing one, you can add Active Care to your account at the same time
- Personal service – all business customers will be looked after by a dedicated account manager
- Delivery at your convenience. You can have your replacement phone delivered to you anywhere, not just your billing address
- Competitively priced so you receive the best value for your business
- Drops and accidental damage cover. We repair hundreds of mobile devices every month and even if you drop it or the screen gets cracked – you’re covered.
- Worldwide cover – keep your device with you when you travel and our policy will cover you during your trip.
- Active Care is designed for a fast, effective response, so you can get back up and running, and stay connected – whatever happens
- Add at any point of your contract