Here at Active Digital, is it our 26th birthday on 29th November 2022, so its a very happy birthday to us!
It is hard to think of an industry that moves as quickly as the technology industry. In such a fast-paced environment, only the strong survive. We have seen so much change over the last twenty years, it has been a truly remarkable journey. Within the first year of trading, we started delivering all our mobile phones (by hand) and called ourselves ‘Active’ so we could be at the front of the yellow pages to gain more new enquiries. Today, the yellow pages is no more and we now deliver many of devices, same day, sometimes within two hours. We respect and recognise the true power of the mobile device, enabling businesses to transform the way the work and removing the traditional desktop PC use.
Business Director and Co-owner, Jo Wimble-Groves commented, “as we move closer towards 2023, we are excited to see what technology and innovation has in store for our customers. From a business perspective, diversity and inclusion remain a core focus for us because it brings together individual differences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and capabilities. We recognise that the talent our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our company culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. I can honestly say that working in the technology sector is incredible and I’m so grateful for it. We are so fortunate to work in an industry that continues to evolve and innovate, even through hard times.”
To celebrate our birthday, we are sharing eight fun facts about the technology sector. How many of these do you know?
1. Japan holds the world record for the fastest internet speed – 319 terabits per second (that’s 7.6 million times faster than most standard connections).
2. The word ‘technology’ was coined by Aristotle back in 330BC
3. Two years after the launch of Microsoft Teams, the company had generated $800 million in revenue
4. On average, there are 500,000 new internet users every day
5. Motorola produced the first ever portable mobile phone in 1983
6. Google receives more than 99,000 searches every second
7. 92% of the global money is digitally stored
8. As of 2022, there are 5.1 billion Internet users, and 4.5 billion of them access it on their mobile phones.
For more information about any of our mobile, telecoms and digital services don’t hesitate to explore the website. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our expert consultants on 01892 835522 or live chat with us.